The Future of RaceDay Scoring
Be in the know. Follow our progress by subscribing below, and checking out the release notes here
Next Major Release
Reporting Engine Updates
We are re-working some of our Report Builder’s core functionality to let the user apply their own custom sorts as well as more advanced filtering options like allowing OR conditions when filtering participant data.
– To start, this will give us the ability to include pre registration lists, like all participants sorted by last name, first name, then grouped by those whose last names start with A, then those whose last names start with B, etc…
– In addition, we will be able to support Reports like an Age Graded results report that is sorted by the Age Grade Percentage instead of their Clock/Chip time.
Backup to Cloud
– Uploading/Restoring Race Exports to the Cloud
– Support versioning system to let Timers pull in more recent updates to the Scoring setup for the Race they have loaded currently.
Lap Race Scoring
We have supported multi-segment Races where each Race has a set finish distance since launch, but we do not yet support Races where the winner is determined by the total number of laps or distance completed, then sorted by fastest time.
Data Issues/Actions Update
We are planning on a large update to our existing Data Issues/Actions features that will give you more informative Data Issues, and provide you a way to take action on those issues. For instance, we will generate a list of Participants who had unrealistic paces, and we will allow you to select one or many Participants in that state and manually mark them as DQ in one shot. We have a lot of ideas on different types of conditions to add that Timers want to see, like Participants who have a start but no finish, or a finish but no start, or a backup read selected but no primary, and so on.
– Viewing live statistics for currently ongoing races being scored with RaceDay Scoring
– Adding Race Notes
– Resource Management
RaceDay Hub Enhancements
– Redevelop RaceDay Results App from the ground up so that it can be used with RaceDay Hub completely ofline as well as RunSignup Results.
– Design better bib lookup kiosk for results display for quick results lookups on site with distraction of full results list to browse through.
Once we have our planned Reporting Updates complete, you will be able to sort any Report Section on any field, including those that are the summation of other fields, giving you the ability to combine multiple times for a single Participant within a Race to do simple Series Scoring within a single Race file.
Pull Tag Scoring
We support a basic manual entry system, but will be adding a more in-depth system for pull tag scoring where you can collect places on one machine and times on another, then merge them together
Better unknown participant handling
Right now we have a basic method of handling unknown participants. We will be adding a more automated process of setting up for automated handling of unknown participants
GRU (Generic Result Upload) support
Once we have Top Finisher Settings being applied to the Age Group Place fields, we will add support for GRU data exports
Streaming GPS Data from RaceJoy
If the event has RaceJoy enabled, the GPS data from tracked phones can be streamed in to support additional timing locations for verification or reporting.